Sunday 24 January 2016

A couple of finishes at last....

I'm jumping up and down at a couple of little finishes this week - wahoo!


First up is Rosette 1 of my 'The New Hexagon Millefiore Quilt'. This is all hand pieced and is a whopping 36" in diameter. I've had great fun with this over the last few months, the whole of my quilt will be in Cotton + Steel fabrics and I'm already well on my way with Rosette 2.

My next finish is this gorgeous Economy Block Quilt, I really love it! It's finally bound and has been laundered and labelled this weekend ready for posting to it's new owner tomorrow.


This one was made entirely from my stash, the blocks are 12" finished and it's quilted in organic lines with a variegated Aurifil thread. It's been a long time in the finishing, I hope my friend loves it still!

I've also managed to sneak some time on my Farmer's Wife Quilt too, I've prepped a couple of blocks that I'm going to sew this evening.


I've found that prepping a couple of blocks ready for sewing in one session, then sewing them in the next session, is the most productive way for me to work on this sampler.

Finally I just wondered whether you'd heard that the sewing retreat I host through my shop Simply Solids is down to the last space??

Click the image to go find out more!

https://retreat.simplysolids.co.uk/
 

2 comments:

  1. All beautiful! Love the mix of fabrics and great fussy cuts in the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that hexy rosette! Like Lucy, I love the fussy cuts in the quilt - now your challenge is to remember to link up the quilt finish at the end of the quarter!!

    ReplyDelete

Well hello and thanks so much for commenting! It's lovely to hear from you, Justine xx

 
Blogging tips