Monday 7 September 2015

September already?

I really cannot believe how fast the summer has flown by, can you?

Here's a re-cap of what happened over my summer.....



Luke Haynes came and taught at my shop Simply Solids!


We had a great family holiday to Cornwall.


That included a night at Jamie Oliver's Fifteen restaurant for our wedding anniversary! Yummy yum yum!



 
 I've done a fair bit of sewing, including mini quilt swaps, blocks for me Beehive Bee and some English Paper Piecing! I've nearly finished the 1st rosette of the New Hexagon Millefiore Quilt.


I also made and gifted this St Louis 16 Patch quilt, made from my much loved stash of Anna Maria Horner fabrics. The recipient was my nephew and his girlfriend and the occassion was the death of their son, my little nephew, Elliot. Elliot had won his battle with Leukaemia last year but he could not fight off meningitis and his life support had to be turned off on June 17th, that horrific day will stay with me forever. I made this quilt in the following days to try and keep myself busy and I know it will keep Elliot's mum and dad warm when they need a hug!

So what happened over your summer?

xxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a summer filled with great joy and sorrow. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks like you had a fun (and jam packed) summer! Can't wait to see what you get up to in Autumn and Winter! :)

    ReplyDelete

Well hello and thanks so much for commenting! It's lovely to hear from you, Justine xx

 
Blogging tips