Friday 10 June 2011

A dress made from couches?

I always seem to be playing catch up! Do you? 

I've not really blogged for the last week and now I've got so much to say I don't know where to start. Unusual for me I know!

I think the best place to start would be by showwing you guys all the things that have kept me from blogging! First up is a fantastic ball that 'Little Miss H' and I attended last weekend. Here she is with her friend Nina:

 

The ball was organised by the local suport group for families of childern with Down Syndrome and it was a proper black tie do with a meal and a band and a disco. It was brilliant!


Everyone had so much fun and it was great to see all the young people with DS partying away. My pictures only really show the younger end of the kids there as 'Little Miss H' was the youngest attendee but let me tell you there were gorgeous looking teenagers too. And snogging!!


It was way too loud for 'Little Miss H' most of the time but she got used to it. Have you noticed her dress? Fab isn't it? Its a one off number made by my lovely friend Amanda. She blogged it here where you can get the low down!


I've also attended a local craft fair recently and scored these beauties:





We just love badges and brooches at our house and managed to pick up a great selection, along with a pot holder for our camping trip and a cute screen printed hoop to add to our collection!

On the sewing front I am so determined to finish off my WIP's it's untrue. I've nearly completed the Wonky Star lap quilt:

It's quilted and the binding is machine stitched on one side, I just need to hand sew the rest of it down and fix that blinking burnt patch with some applique! Hopefully it will be a Ta Dah! moment soon.

I've made some progress on my Modified Bento Love Quilt blocks:
I thought I was nearly complete with this but when I laid the 1st row of sewn blocks across the bed I realised it wasn't wide enough and needed 2 more blocks per row to give a good overhang! Argghh!

I've been losing motivation with it as I find cutting the fabric and sewing the blocks for this one a wee tedious so I've decided to just make 1 block per day and take my time with it. I'll still have the quilt top finished within 2 weeks so that's OK by me!

Check out this lovely yarn my postie delivered yesterday:

Its a Peruvian wool called Cascade 220 and I bought it here (which was by far the cheapest place online I found it!) It's been bought to make a start on the lovely crochet blanket in Issue 2 of Mollie Makes so watch this space!

Finally I'll leave you with this:



Oh yeah! We were that close. And I'm going again tonight!

6 comments:

  1. wow Justine this is loveliness overload!! Little miss H looks totally adorable in her new dress :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have had a fabtastic time. I love the ball pics, she looks adorable

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress is beautiful but Little Miss Hi is just completely gorgeous. What a wonderful event. So pleased she could have so much fun, she must have felt so grown up with a proper dress and all the big kids.
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  4. H's dress is adorable - sounds like it was a great party (except for the loud part!). I think your bento box quilt will be great! I would get all excited about those last 2 photos, but I have no idea who that is?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesn't the little doll look gorgeous in her dress, and her friend looks pretty grand in hers too! Sounds like a great party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Little Miss H's dress and the ball sounds like great fun (snogging!!!! I remember those days from the teenagers point of view). Know what you mean about playing catch-up but life just gets busy sometimes. Can't wait to see the finished quilts. Bethx

    ReplyDelete

Well hello and thanks so much for commenting! It's lovely to hear from you, Justine xx

 
Blogging tips