Tuesday 23 March 2010

Wedding Dress Decisions......

As you may or may not know Mr. G and I are getting married this July in Florida, at an intimate beach wedding with just close family in attendance.....sweet, I think so!

Anyway as the date is looming I thought that I'd best consider my options for suitable attire. I don't want to spend a fortune it's not that sort of wedding, so up until today I presumed I'd just head off to Monsoon or Coast and buy a floaty number off the peg. Having checked out their websites I know that there are a number of floaty beach wedding dresses that would be suitable.

Mmmm, today however I ordered some gorgeous Anna Maria Horner Little Folks Voile from Seamstar, one of my favourite online fabric stores. The colourways I had decided upon some time ago when planning my little girls outfit for the wedding. I am going to make her the Emma outfit from Patty Young's Modkid Boutique collection using Anna Maria Horner fabrics. As I'd not checked out AMH's blog for a while this fabric purchase prompted me to head over there and it was then that I saw it.......


Well what do you think? I'm thinking this would make a great wedding dress - I'm not feeling love for the colourway shown but what if I made it in cream with just a coloured bodice and straps and a few coloured zigzags around the bottom??
I'll leave you all to ponder on that one, I'm sure I'll be having sleepless nights about it so why shouldn't you??!! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

4 comments:

  1. Hiya - I've just come across from The Linen Cat. I hadn't seen the AMH maxi dress either but I think it would be stunning as a wedding dress. What a great idea especially for a beach wedding. And the Emma outfit for your little girl will be so pretty.

    I have a family wedding to go to this summer and, possibly, a ball (how grand!) and have been worrying about the cost of a dress I'd really like. This may just be the solution. Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it will make a lovely wedding dress, really lovely and especially for a Florida beach wedding!

    Can't wait to read what you decide and to eventually see (if you make) the results.

    Bethx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. I think it would look great in all cream fabrics and the detail being in the zig zag design (with perhaps some slight variation in the fabric). This is such a cool idea, I'm really impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, I think it would be great :-)
    all that colour across the bottom would really pop in all the sunshine and it'll be super cheerful!
    Sarah
    PS deco tape is just sellotape, but much prettier!

    ReplyDelete

Well hello and thanks so much for commenting! It's lovely to hear from you, Justine xx

 
Blogging tips