Saturday 27 March 2010

Thank the lord, it's returning.....

my sewing mojo that is! All be it slowly but I do feel I have the need again, you know to get crafty.


On Friday I decided it was about time I made my best pals son a little crafty birthday gift, it's a tad late but she understands (I hope!) and better late than never I always say! Here's how it started out......



The colour scheme matches his newly decorated bedroom and also incorporates my pals favourite ever fabric, no not the blue gingham the gorgeous Cowboy print from Cath Kidston of course. I wanted to make him a picture with his name on it and so came up with this....



Now as a first attempt I quite like it, looking at it from a distance the letter 'x' needs to be bigger and I'm feeling too much red going on. I'm going to make another and change either the star or the felt that the letters are mounted on into green, probably the felt that the letters are on. Yes. The inspiration for the picture came from similar ones that can be found here at blueberry-park, thanks to Karen for highlighting that my source of inspiration had been missed off my original post (this is an ammended version!)
Friday also saw much more excitement in the form of a highly anticipated package from Seamstar that contained the Anna Maria Horner Voiles I had ordered to make 'Little Miss H's' dress for the big wedding this summer. I photographed the occassion just for you....
Here is the package before it was unwrapped,lovingly wrapped in tissue paper and bound with ribbon. The joys of receiving fabric through the post.....
And here are the prints I chose, 2m each of Forest Hills Sweet on the right and on the left Four Squares also in Sweet. They are gorgeous. I love them. I am definitely going to make my wedding dress from them. I ordered a sample from Seamstar of 'Froth' (I think its called that) a solid voile which is aptly named as it reminds me of the froth on a latte, as this is the nearest plain voile to a cream, which arrived today and is just right for my wedding dress, I just need to decide on which patterned voiles to use, though I have a strong suspicion that Forest Hills Sweet will be in there 'cos I just love it!!!
I also ordered some ribbon at the same time not because I need more ribbon, just because you can never have enough...
The ribbon is embroidered and very cute, the aqua one having daschunds on it and the pink has turqouise alligators on it - cool or what!
The final bit of craftiness for today is the news that I attended the Spring Fling Craft Fair at the Millenium Galleries in Sheffield, here I met fellow blogger Manda from Treefall Design who had a stall but more on this tomorrow.....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Justine...it seems the link isn't working...here it is... http://www.blueberry-park.co.uk/shop/product-1437-boyspersonalisedpicture Thanks, Karen

    ReplyDelete

Well hello and thanks so much for commenting! It's lovely to hear from you, Justine xx

 
Blogging tips